404 Not Found

nginx/1.4.6 (Ubuntu)

The Dam Biker #1 Girl Plus Teddy Bear

Posted: March 22nd, 2010 | Author: admin | Filed under: The Dam Biker | Tags: , , | 11 Comments »

Amsterdam has often been titled the Bike Capital of the World with 40% of all traffic movements by bicycle. The ubiquity of bicycles lined up against every building and the number of cyclists on the road is probably the most unique element of this city. The bicycle is a part of the Dutch identity and Amsterdam truly embraces bike culture. When I first moved here, I was so amazed by all the different types of cyclists riding in this town. It is fascinating seeing whole families being carried on one bike or people moving their furniture on the back of their bikes. The bicycle is by far my favorite part of living in Amsterdam.

So, inspired by this bike culture along with the coolest blog Copenhagen Cycle Chic, I have decided to post weekly photos of the interesting bikers in this city. This first picture was taken when I first moved to Amsterdam. She is out of focus but this is a little girl riding alone with her teddy bear in Vondelpark. I can’t handle the cuteness of this city sometimes.

girl with her teddy bear

• Share/Save/Bookmark

11 Comments on “The Dam Biker #1 Girl Plus Teddy Bear”

1. 1 Neil said at 12:07 pm on March 22nd, 2010:

Hi there

I look forward to your future fietsen photies :) The bike-ccentric life in Amsterdam is what I love most about it too! I’m currently sorting out moving over from the UK. I can’t wait to ride my OWN bike around town :)

Regards
    Neil

2. 2 Megan said at 12:28 pm on March 22nd, 2010:

Love it.

I know, sometimes Amsterdam is just too overwhelmingly adorable. You’re not the only one : )

3. 3 Amsterdamize said at 3:46 pm on March 22nd, 2010:

It’s about time I get some help around here ;) . Welcome!

cheers,
    Marc

4. 4 Mikael said at 4:06 pm on March 22nd, 2010:

Wonderful! Copenhagen loves you!

5. 5 Amsterdamize » Blog Archive » Shout Out To Munt Thee said at 12:00 pm on March 23rd, 2010:

[...] I stumbled upon another Amsterdam blogger, Sarah at muntthee.com (mint tea). In particular, her words of devotion to this city’s (bicycle) culture: Amsterdam has often been titled the Bike Capital of the World with 40% of all traffic movements by [...]

6. 6 Anil said at 2:04 pm on March 23rd, 2010:

The Dutch are so kind, giving hitchhiking teddy bears a ride ;)

7. 7 admin said at 4:22 pm on March 23rd, 2010:

8. 8 admin said at 4:22 pm on March 23rd, 2010:

Thanks so much for the shout out!!

9. 9 gry planszowe sklep said at 10:48 pm on April 10th, 2010:

Could you give me the name of tamplate you used on your website

10. 10 hector said at 10:06 am on October 11th, 2010:

Amsterdam is a great city with wonderful places and added to that was strolling your bike to explore the city. Bike is part of their lives.

11. 11 Colin said at 3:00 am on October 12th, 2010:

Very informational, to the point and helpful. Thanks.